A (Nearly) Complete Survey of the Works of Alan Booth

Blog posts will direct readers to this forum to facilitate further discussion. Topics will be open to the widest possible participation, with or without registration, although topic creation is restricted to administrators.
hushashi
Site Admin

A (Nearly) Complete Survey of the Works of Alan Booth

Postby hushashi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Discussion thread for the post, "A (Nearly) Complete Survey of the Works of Alan Booth"

"Favorite authors can sometimes deliver a lot more than just a great book or series. In my case this was certainly true with British travel writer Alan Booth, author of the celebrated books The Roads to Sata and Looking for the Lost...

Muzuhashi

Re: A (Nearly) Complete Survey of the Works of Alan Booth

Postby Muzuhashi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:25 am

Hello there

Allow me to introduce myself: I am the anonymous author behind the Muzuhashi blog, and was just writing to say a) thank you for reading and b) thank you for this fascinating post about Alan Booth.

I was particularly impressed with the fact that you have managed to track down so many of Booth's more obscure works (not to mention amazed that it is still possible to buy some of them). As it happens, my father was a secondhand bookseller and my mother a librarian, so I know a lot about sifting through dusty shelves of old books, although I assume that over the years, your quest for Booth collectables came to involve more in the way of internet than physical searches.

I am also thoroughly in awe of your journey to retrace 'The Roads to Sata', and am now following you on Twitter. The very best of luck to you, and I shall look forward to reading more of this blog upon your return.

All the best
Muzuhashi (actually feel free to call me Tom - I'm not too fussed about being shrouded in mystery any more!)

hushashi
Site Admin

Re: A (Nearly) Complete Survey of the Works of Alan Booth

Postby hushashi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:35 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks very much for the kind comments and for keeping tabs on me via Twitter. Always good to have some company and especially company that knows what life on the road is like, as you do given your bike journeys.

A bit pressed for time now as you can imagine, and for the time being I just wanted to say thanks before too much time passed.

p.s. Any plans to re-activate the blog?

Best,
je

Return to “Official fəxlüz Blog Discussion Threads”