August 10 2001 at 11:51 AM
Response to hehe..
|College is where I am, Eli.. student loans, my parents, a part-time job and a healthy resale business pay off my trips.. and usually they're not that extravagant.. usually it's just $200 in CDs. ^^; But it was my first trip, my longest trip, and I spent most of my money on CDs instead of solving my homeless-problem...|
Have no heard of her, Hadiya.. ^^;; but I don't like a lot of female Japanese singers... I like Bonnie Pink and Papaya Paranoia (you can see an early performance of theirs of the video "Tokyo Pop", which is funny beyond compare for anyone who's been in Tokyo).
As for songs and music.. uhm.. it'll vary on your taste. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Iggy Pop, Smashing Pumpkins and similar in western music and uh.. early Luna Sea, X.. Celluloid's "Parasite" demotape and a good dose of Hakuei. I don't listen to a lot of pop, so if pop's your preference I can't do a good job reccomending anyone. ^^; I can tell you who's popular and how much better and/or worse they are to shitty American groups like the Backstreet Boys, but that's about it. ^^;
My best advice for Japanese music is to find a store locally that'll rent some music shows and watch a few of those. ^^; that's how I got started, really.. they're great. One of the pop singers fell on her ass on her entrance on the last Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champs I saw. That's priceless television, right there. :P
- Yes! - Eli on Aug 10, 2001, 2:12 PM
- Never heard of her... - hadiya on Aug 10, 2001, 9:00 PM
- Some good Japanese music to try... - NJ&NC on Aug 11, 2001, 12:50 AM
- anyone ever heard of Cubic U - crooner on Aug 11, 2001, 1:17 AM
- Yeah... - Kawama on Aug 11, 2001, 4:09 AM
- fuck yeaaah!! - Snip on Aug 13, 2001, 5:08 AM
- You haven't? - hadiya on Aug 10, 2001, 8:50 PM